Blog Archive

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cooking Class --a Bit of Indian Cuisine

Spiced Lentils with Cucumber Yogurt



A Bit of Indian Cuisine
by Victoria Challancin
Flavors of the Sun International Cooking School
San Miguel de Allende,
Mexico

Educating palates to new flavors and ingredients is part of what I do in my international classes designed for Mexican cooks.  It isn't enough to just teach recipes--I like to offer techniques and flavor sensations that jar the senses and demand attention, as in the following Indian dishes.  


Cilantro-Mint Chutney with Yogurt

Spiced Chickpea Salad






Another photos of the chutney that I can never get enough of!


Mango and Curried Chickpea Salad, based on a recipe  by a Yotam Ottolenghi (my newest inspiration)  found here


Curried Barley Salad with Dates and Carrots

1 comment:

Health & Wellness said...

This is such a great source that you are providing. It's very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Thank you for sharing this great Post.

Indian Cuisine